I am a dabbler, not really someone beauty indulged, or even an enabler for that matter. As time goes on, and occasions arise that require a gal to transform, needs change to something usually thought of as a splurge or non-necessity. I hate using glue to stick false lashes onto my eyelids - absolutely hate, hate, doing it.
For those who have shied away, or those of the male persuasion who might read this out of curiosity, using false lashes is an awkward, uncomfortable experience.
What generally happens is the tiny, thin band, which holds the false lashes (which runs parallel to your own top eyelash line), has to have glue applied in a thin bead, then you have to try not to get the lashes from sticking to your fingers - which rarely turns out well, while you gently press this alien feeling 'eyelid toupee' to as close to your own lash line as possible (to look more natural). It generally turns out your glue job is crooked, so you end up compensating with extra eyeliner or mascara.
3D Lashes by Mia Adora
FREE Bonus eBook to Get Longer Thicker Eyelashes Than All Your Friends
How do they work? The first tube has whats called "Magnifying Gel", it contains Carnauba Wax and Beeswax, it looks just like standard mascara, and goes on like it as well. You allow it to dry , slightly till it is kind of tacky (sticky to touch), then you apply the "Natural Fiber Lashes", which have an applicator, much like mascara, but instead of a brush wand, it is fury, covered in little fibers. You comb these fibers onto your lashes, which stick onto the Magnifying gel. You repeat these two steps, with 20 seconds of dry time in between, until you are satisfied with the effect.
Before use, you want to use a decent eyelash curler, to curl your lashes - which I did, with the Petunia Skincare Eyelash Curler pictured below. If you attempt to curl your lashes with the 3D mascara on, they will tear and you could loose some eyelashes. Not recommended.
I applied the 3D mascara on the top lashes of my eye (left in the photo), to show the effect, in comparison to my natural, non treated eyelashes (without mascara), on the right of the picture. I only did (2) coats, using the two mentioned steps, twice. (Please excuse my glasses pulled down off my face)
I have to say it was pretty impressive. It definitely is a good alternative to falsies, for sure!
- Contains Green Tea! Helps nourish your lashes.
- Paraben and Sodium Lauryl Sulfate Free.
- Never Tested on Animals.
- Creates great coverage, saves your lashes from 'Eyelid Toupees'.
- Natural Fibers.
- Waterproof / Smudge Proof - these will not come off, during normal wear, even with sweat.
- Recommended for performers.
- Washes off esily with warm water.
- The fibers have a tendency to fall off of the wand, so be careful during application, as the fibers cause eye irritation. The "Magnifying Gel" will coat strays and help them stay on your lashes and away from your eyes.
- Like Most lash products, clump-age can occur - use a Q-Tip to wipe of clumps.
Some Lash & Curler Tips:
- Run your hair dryer over your lash curler, just enough to warm the metal (but not too much to burn you!), this will create a longer lasting curl (you do it to your hair, why not lashes!).
- You can get a smudge-proof application of mascara by using your other hand, cupping a spoon under your eye while applying - the spoon catches the brush strokes and you get a better application.
- Create Your Own 3D Lash Effect: Apply your first coat of mascara, then dust lashes with baby powder or cornstarch, then apply another coat - keep applying till desired effect is achieved (the powder will grip the mascara, giving you a plumping effect).
Professional Eyelash Curler by Petunia Skincare
Read my review here.
One of my earliest memories,was playing with my grandmother's eyelash curler, I would sneak into her cupboard. She had quite the collection of beauty products. Grandma's curler in comparison to Petunia Skincare's Professional Eyelash Curler is a very utilitarian device, it was a piece of chrome, analog in design, not even spring loaded.
Here's how Petunia Skincare's Professional Eyelash Curler sizes up to Grandma's: Read More On Amazon
If you are looking for a well constructed, ergonomic lash curling product, backed by a lifetime guarantee, then purchase this curler. Just be sure to start out slow.
In exchange for providing honest feedback, I received a sample of 3D Fiber Lash Mascara by Mia Adora - All views expressed here are my own and not influenced as a result. Please read more about Renaissance Culinaire's Disclosure Policy