This is a tasty side dish. It has gotten raves from my friends and family. It may seem a bit salty at first glance but take into consideration the liquid added washes the flavor out a bit , so there needs to be enough salt to bring out the curry flavors. Enjoy!
|Green Asparagus by Gunnar Magnusson|
- a nice bunch of Asparagus (1-2 #s)
- 1/4 - 1/2 of a stick of butter
- a good curry powder (look for these ingredients : coriander seed, chili, cumin seed, fennel seeds, cinnamon, poppy seeds, star anise seeds, turmeric, mustard seeds, white pepper and peanut -- You can buy this mixture at an Asian market, regular grocers tend to have a diluted curry powder lacking depth)
- balsamic vinegar (a splash about 1-2 TB)
- porcini mushroom flavored oil (a bout 1/4 TB
- rubbed sage (about 1/4 - 1/2 tsp)
- onion salt (1/2 tsp)
- garlic salt (1/2 tsp)
- kosher salt (1 tbs)
- water (enough to cover asparagus)
When done the asparagus will take on the yellow color of the curry, and they will appear slightly wrinkled/wilted.