07 August 2006

Vintage Photog : Baker and Staff

I found this while browsing flickr. I love this photograph, and I intend on asking john if he would have it copied for me, I would pay him of course, and then have the picture sent to me.

Baker and Staff, originally uploaded by mrwaterslide.
This is what he had put under the photo :
One day at the hotel I had all my work finished and I asked the chef if I could
leave early. It must have been about three o'clock. I got in my car and drove
madly down the interstate, and then turned off on a state road, heading towards
Lake of the Ozarks. Every time I came to an antique store or flea market I
pulled over, ran inside, and scanned the stock hurriedly. I found this photo at
my last stop of the day (it was almost five o'clock, when most everything
closes). It's marked $4.00 on the back, so I suppose that's what I paid for it
.
I would say that is a pretty cool find.

4  Comments
 Tweets
  Comments

4 comments

1:21 AM, May 24, 2009 Reply  

i read your article..the things you have written sound very sincere and nice topics i am looking forward to its continuation.

2:53 AM, August 03, 2011 Reply  

i read your article..the things you have written sound very sincere and nice topics i am looking forward to its continuation.

12:00 PM, September 20, 2011 Reply  

This is an amazing find the picture is really interesting it's a real piece of the past. I wonder what place they where cooking at and if it still exists today or has it been taken down and changed. But at least you still have something to show for the past even if it was removed. I have some old photo's from relatives from back when they were in the fire department. And even though there gone now its still wonderful having moments of there life that they enjoyed together.

1:31 AM, June 16, 2012 Reply  

Thanks for sharing such a wonderful thought..

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! Your thoughts on posts are very much appreciated.

Due to spam, all comments will be reviewed - before any comments are published.

Type-A Parent New York City Bootcamp (Focus: Brand-Blogger Relations)
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Back to TOP