24 September 2005

New Quarter - New Instructor

computing


I like this photograph, it is of my former instructor, a rare moment when all bakery happenings seemed to be halted. He was computing our inventory --- inventory for the Danish station, figuring out what we must make the next day, what we must bake off.

My first week of the Fall term has ended. The nervous flutters in my stomach, the tense pressure to make a good impression...Has dwindled a little. I am managing the French pâtisserie /cake station for the next month.

I am a management student officially, a second year student. I was quite intimidated at first...I had mixed feelings about my capabilities to communicate effectively. But I quite thinking about it, and natural instincts and confidence settled in to replace the anxiety.

I also chose to manage the new Head Instructors' station. Where else could I feel things out better? I think that is where most of the nervousness stemmed from...I heard these great things about him like that he was an a world traveled pastry chef , not just a PC but had been Executive Pastry Chef, a chocolatier. He had taught at a well known culinary institute. I was quite humbled.

It turns out he had made Executive Chef in as little as one year after being hired on--- that is how good he is. But he is also very down to earth --- a great guy, a brit. The first day he sat down with us at lunch in the cafeteria. So the pretentiousness I thought might be a factor is not.

It is great to have new ideas and techniques. He is teaching us so much, and it it refreshing. He plans to upgrade our curriculum.

I am excited to see what changes will ensue.

0  Comments
 Tweets
  Comments

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! Your thoughts on posts are very much appreciated.

Due to spam, all comments will be reviewed - before any comments are published.

Type-A Parent New York City Bootcamp (Focus: Brand-Blogger Relations)
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Back to TOP