O.k I live for asian flavors. I love green tea , & I partake in the tea drinking ceremony atleast twice a day. Here is a recipe that combines some of my favorite ingredients - green tea, garlic, chives & chili pepper. This is not so much a fire in your belly, but a gentle warmth. Serve among good friends.
Green-tea Sesame Suace
This is great with chicken, seafood or tofu.
- 1/4 Cup tahini, well stirred
- 1 TB exstra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 Cup brewed green tea
- 2 TB fresh lemon juice
- 1 small garlic clove, finely minced
- 2 tsp fresh ginger, minced
- 2 TB chives, minced.
- 1 tsp fresh chilli pepper, minced
- salt & pepper to taste
Whisk all ingredients together until smooth. For thinner sauce add more green tea.