19 April 2005

Walnut croissant & French turn overs

Some of the pastry I have been making. Tommorow is my groups last day in the laminated dough station. It is also a test day.

It is amazing how ones confidence can soar, once you get a little bench work in.

I have too many irons in the fire as of late, so my writing is suffering. I had tapped into a good vien there for a spell. Now writers block has bruised me, like one big hematoma, I cannot see past the cosmetic details.

My photography on the other hand has been unearthed. I carry my camera everywhere now. I have over 4,000 photos in my flickr account. Go figure....

5  Comments
 Tweets
  Comments

5 comments

J.T
5:33 AM, January 24, 2006 Reply  

Mmmm.... delicious. What did you glaze them with? Apricot Glaze?


originally made to haloscan on 4/19/05

5:34 AM, January 24, 2006 Reply  

They are egg washed before retarding and then egg washed before proofing. That's it.... We alos made hazelnut croissants, which are even better than the walnut!

5:42 AM, January 24, 2006 Reply  

Cobalt from flickr passing through and loving your blog and photos! My DIL is a trained pastry chef making wedding cakes extraordinaire from home now since she's got little ones. I'll have to get you some of her photos as I think you will enjoy them. Nice work on the blog ring, BTW!

originally made to haloscan on 4/19/05

5:43 AM, January 24, 2006 Reply  

Thanks Cobalt for your praise! I created my first wedding cake last summer for a coworker, it was an under taking - but fun. I have a little one of my own, too. I hope to soon be working for myself down the road... I'd enjoy pictures of her creations, thanks for the thought.

originally made to haloscan on 4/19/05

7:35 AM, May 14, 2012 Reply  

I have never made a croissant. I know french are the best at it and I not going to take their title. I prefer going to a pastry to eat a croissant because I am sure about the delicious taste.

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! Your thoughts on posts are very much appreciated.

Due to spam, all comments will be reviewed - before any comments are published.

Type-A Parent New York City Bootcamp (Focus: Brand-Blogger Relations)
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Back to TOP