19 April 2005

Walnut croissant & French turn overs

Some of the pastry I have been making. Tommorow is my groups last day in the laminated dough station. It is also a test day.

It is amazing how ones confidence can soar, once you get a little bench work in.

I have too many irons in the fire as of late, so my writing is suffering. I had tapped into a good vien there for a spell. Now writers block has bruised me, like one big hematoma, I cannot see past the cosmetic details.

My photography on the other hand has been unearthed. I carry my camera everywhere now. I have over 4,000 photos in my flickr account. Go figure....

5  Comments
 Tweets
  Comments

5 comments

Anonymous
5:33 AM, January 24, 2006 Reply  

Mmmm.... delicious. What did you glaze them with? Apricot Glaze?


originally made to haloscan on 4/19/05

5:34 AM, January 24, 2006 Reply  

They are egg washed before retarding and then egg washed before proofing. That's it.... We alos made hazelnut croissants, which are even better than the walnut!

Anonymous
5:42 AM, January 24, 2006 Reply  

Cobalt from flickr passing through and loving your blog and photos! My DIL is a trained pastry chef making wedding cakes extraordinaire from home now since she's got little ones. I'll have to get you some of her photos as I think you will enjoy them. Nice work on the blog ring, BTW!

originally made to haloscan on 4/19/05

5:43 AM, January 24, 2006 Reply  

Thanks Cobalt for your praise! I created my first wedding cake last summer for a coworker, it was an under taking - but fun. I have a little one of my own, too. I hope to soon be working for myself down the road... I'd enjoy pictures of her creations, thanks for the thought.

originally made to haloscan on 4/19/05

7:35 AM, May 14, 2012 Reply  

I have never made a croissant. I know french are the best at it and I not going to take their title. I prefer going to a pastry to eat a croissant because I am sure about the delicious taste.

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! Your thoughts on posts are very much appreciated.

Due to spam, all comments will be reviewed - before any comments are published.

Type-A Parent New York City Bootcamp (Focus: Brand-Blogger Relations)
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Back to TOP