28 December 2004

Photography : Lonely asphalt

Have you ever seen a photo, that inspired you to write a verse or two, or three? I saw this and was hit with a sense of immediacy, that I must pen my thoughts.

Lonely asphalt, originally uploaded by joaobambu.
I have walked down streets like this, shrouded in sunlight and shadows. 
If I could see lonely spirits, they might be suspended here 
- on gossamer strings.
                                                 - Amber © 2004. All Rights Reserved.

6  Comments
 Tweets
  Comments

6 comments

Anonymous
1:42 PM, January 02, 2005 Reply  

Nicely put. Thank you!

Anonymous
12:48 PM, August 26, 2008 Reply  

Very nice use of line within your composition. The only constructive criticism (not sure you're really looking for any but what the heck)I'd give is perhaps you could dodge the sky in the upper left hand corner a bit to really strengthen the glowing sun. The dodge might make it look a bit contrived but I would be interested to see.

Anyhow, I realize this isn't primarily a photography blog so take my so take my suggestion with a grain of salt if you'd like.

Anonymous
11:44 AM, March 03, 2009 Reply  

I love the combination of photography and poetry here. Nicely done.

luc
10:53 AM, November 15, 2009 Reply  

i like flickr too

9:03 AM, August 28, 2010 Reply  

Very good photography even if it is sad. u_u

10:33 AM, June 28, 2011 Reply  

Now, this is photography with emotion! The loneliness that the photo emanates somewhat transcends to its viewers. But nevertheless, the image is beautiful and the colors blended exquisitely to create a solemn message.

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! Your thoughts on posts are very much appreciated.

Due to spam, all comments will be reviewed - before any comments are published.

Type-A Parent New York City Bootcamp (Focus: Brand-Blogger Relations)
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Back to TOP