---Sugar in bread dough is an additive
- [Basic bread formula: water, flour, salt]
Functions of sweeteners:
- Sweeteners are Hydroscopic --> [bind moisture]
without sweeteners you have Pale bread / pastry
- can be the result of adding no sugar
- or yeast dissolved [was eaten] during the intial mixing.
- in cakes and cookies
- In cakes
- A dough which makes it's own fermentation using sugar, makes a richer , complex flavor.
- Dough high in sugar takes a long time to ferment
- sugar sucks moisture out of yeast.
Types of Sweeteners:
- Used for icings & fillings
- Look On the back of the package / recipe, The higher the amount of eggs they list to add, the finer the sugar you should use.
- more efficient
- Fructose is a simple sugar, easily broken down in the body.