21 February 2005

Recipe: Watermelon Gazpacho

I walk around . My nostrils flare with scents carried on the winter wind gusts - I know that spring is closer than ever. I am starved for spring! I want the gray bitterness to dissolve away. I need the breezes to be pleasant and the sun to warm my cheek. And I want to be thrown about with god's green tenderness.

Here is a recipe that awakens the spring from within & delights your palate.

Watermelon gazpacho

Adapted from a recipe found in Vegetarian Times

Do not puree the ingredients or this will have to be named "smoothie" instead!

  • 6 Cups seedless watermelon cubes ( [1] 16 lb whole watermelon)
  • 1/2 of a seedless cucumber, peeled and chopped
  • 1/2 of an organic yellow bell pepper, seeded & chopped
  • 3 scallions chopped
  • 1 large garlic clove, minced
  • 2 TB lime juice or lemon juice
  • 1 TB extra-virgin olive oil
  • 1/2 tsp hot pepper sauce
  • 1 Cup cold raspberry-cranberry juice
  • 3 TB chopped fresh mint

In a large food processor, combine 3 cups watermelon, the cucumber , bell pepper, scallions, garlic, lime or lemon juice, olive oil & hot pepper sauce. Process with short pulses until the mixture is just finely chopped.

Add the remaining watermelon, raspberry-cranberry juice, and mint. Process with pulses until just finely chopped.

Serves 8

5  Comments
 Tweets
  Comments

5 comments

Anonymous
11:25 PM, August 23, 2008 Reply  

How refreshing and I mean both the recipe and your site.

I found lots of interesting snippets and recipes to keep me occupied for quite some time.

Wanda
www.only-cookware.com

5:42 AM, September 15, 2009 Reply  

That looks interesting. I will definitely try that. Thanks for the tips.

3:40 AM, February 27, 2010 Reply  

I love watermelon especially if its sweet. So yummy and your recipe makes another superb making of watermelon which I will cherish and follow.

11:40 AM, June 27, 2010 Reply  

Thanks for sharing the recipe of Watermelon Gazpacho. Will give it a try and see if it tastes well.

4:08 AM, February 23, 2011 Reply  

I've had various gazpacho's in the past but never have tried it with watermelon and I really love watermelon. I think the raspberry cranberry juice with mint goes wuite well with the watermelon. I defintely will try this. Sounds yummy.

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! Your thoughts on posts are very much appreciated.

Due to spam, all comments will be reviewed - before any comments are published.

Type-A Parent New York City Bootcamp (Focus: Brand-Blogger Relations)
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Back to TOP