25 March 2005

I am aggrevated with my aggragater...

Yeah -- some of my readers cannot fully view my website when browsing with FireFox/Mozilla. In lue of self diagnosis, I downloaded it yesterday and I've got to tell you I feel that the application is lagging. It took forever for my graphics & photos to load. So I did a little more coding, but I don't know if it has fixed the problem.

I know there are scripts that can preload images etc...I will look into this. If you are a "geek" , have any knowlege about coding my website so that it is compatible with firefox or could do some diagnostics into my template, please leave me some comments...

That is not an invitation to be cruel, honest feedback appreciated.

I am tired of Bloglines - they are only updating feeds I subsribe to -unless they are pinged {ALOT}, which I do anyway through Ping-O-Matic or PingMyBlog.com, I use both of them simultaniously incase one of the numerous pings fails. SO if you have a blog and want your latest posts to be noticed and registered as current, use either of those links. They ping : yahoo, blo.
s, feedster ,etc... 34 total sites will be pinged, between the 2 sites !And very easy to use.

I have found a rss reader I love:


It is very cool & free to download. Here is a quote from the website:


"BlogExpress is a full-featured .NET application for content syndication (as
also called a news aggregator or a blog reader). BlogExpress supports all RSS
versions and ATOM. It can read contents from any Weblogs (a.k.a., blog) and any
Websites that provide XML files for content syndication (Generally, a file with
.rss, .rdf, or .xml extension. Please see
Syndic8.com for the extensive list of
sources).

BlogExpress is so easy to use. Lockergnome praises it as "BlogExpress stands out as an invaluable tool for those getting started with RSS. " It is carefully designed for high usability. Information readability is one of our primary goals for building this application. Proudly, the result comes out such that you can grab information displayed in BlogExpress faster than other leading content syndication applications in the market.Additionally, BlogExpress has a built-in Web Tab feature in which you
can use it to view any Web pages directly without leaving BlogExpress for a Web
browser. This feature saves you some seconds for each link you click to view.
Those seconds in a long run are hours of your time that you get back from using
BlogExpress.For a blog writer, you can open a Web Tab to post to your
server-based blog tool (such as
Movable Type, Blogger.com, BlogSpot.com or AOL Journal). No need for a separate Web browser window to clutter your desktop anymore!In sum, BlogExpress help you manage more information from the Web with less time! "



It will notify you ect, w a pop up when your feeds have new material. I have used it in the past, it's the way to go. So I will be rreading and subscribing gleefully.

4  Comments
 Tweets
  Comments

4 comments

Anonymous
4:33 AM, January 24, 2006 Reply  

Gravatar Your site loads pretty quickly on
my 'puter and I use firefox as well. Seems like the border has disappeared but ...other than that looks fine :)

4:35 AM, January 24, 2006 Reply  

Well I got rid of the scroll box my entries were in a long time ago - since you mentioned that. So the site is loading o.k? hmmm

**comments from haloscan originally made on April 2005

Anonymous
4:36 AM, January 24, 2006 Reply  

Loads fine on mine too.

4:37 AM, January 24, 2006 Reply  

Thanks - need to know these things!

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! Your thoughts on posts are very much appreciated.

Due to spam, all comments will be reviewed - before any comments are published.

Type-A Parent New York City Bootcamp (Focus: Brand-Blogger Relations)
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Back to TOP